Friday, January 30, 2009

L'Enfant Assassin Des Mouches

Well, school is back in session pour moi, which means two nights a week of French. While my classmates are horrifically style-impaired (excepting my dear friend Cassie), a fabulous fashion discovery did come from something we discussed en cours.



For some reason, we were asked to identify famous Frenchmen/women, and the ever sexy Serge Gainsbourg was on the worksheet. Somehow, I was the only student who knew his work... When I asserted just how handsome I find him to be, le Prof decided to start watching videos of Serge on YouTube. Inspired, I ran home to do more "research" and looked up Serge's musical arranger, Jean-Claude Vannier. I have his record, "L'Enfant Assassin Des Mouches" (The Child Killer of the Flies) and love it. In this video, Vannier's band, Insolitudes, is playing a song from the record, live, for an Yves Saint-Laurent fashion show on the Roland Petit Show. It's like a precursor to Fashion Rocks. 

No comments: