Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Graveyard Girl




In case you didn't already know by now, I love black. I also love metallics, really high heels, and fur. I can never get enough structure, draping, or glamour. My favorite thing to wear is something that turns heads and makes eyes pop. 




(Those who know me will probably roll their eyes, because I usually wear jeans, but while I am not too concerned with what is apropos, it is more of an obstacle than anything else to show up at the playground with a freakishly energetic two-year-old wearing a skirt up to here and shoes with two-inch platforms. Not that I haven't, but the safety I must surrender accompanied by the strange looks I get from the stroller brigade tipped the scales in favor of less "statement-making" outfits during my working hours.)




Actual usefulness aside, garments with these qualities send me into a tizzy. Lanvin's Pre-Fall 2009 collection practically sent me into cardiac arrest. It. Is. Gorgeous. It is the collection for the ages for me. These are clothes I want to wear now, and the way I want to dress when I'm old and my children are grown and I'm a crazy cat lady like Edith Ewing Bouvier



No comments: